October 1, 2018 In Food & Drink
Pumpkin Pie Tarts with Coconut Cream
Courtesy of thatcleanlife.com
Ingredients (for 12 servings)
Coconut Oil (melted and divided)
Maple Syrup (divided)
2 1/4 cups
Unsweetened Almond Milk
2 1/2 tbsps
Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 1/2 cups
Organic Coconut Milk (full fat, refrigerated overnight)
- Pulse the almonds and cashews in a food processor. Add egg, 3/4 of the coconut oil, 1/5 of the maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon and 1/2 the sea salt until a crumbly dough forms.
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a muffin tray with parchment cups.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper on the counter. Place your dough onto the parchment and pat into a ball.
- Place another sheet of parchment on top of the dough (this prevents the dough from sticking to the rolling pin). Gently roll the dough to 2-3 mm thickness and cut using a (3.5-inch) cookie cutter. Repeat until all the dough is used up.
- Gently press each cut-out into a parchment cup to form the crust. Set aside.
- Make your pumpkin filling by combining pureed pumpkin, the remaining 4/5 of maple syrup, almond milk, the remaining 1/4 of melted coconut oil, arrowroot powder, pumpkin pie spice and the remaining 1/2 of the sea salt. Spoon pumpkin filling into each tart.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove tarts from muffin tray and let cool. Serve warm or refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight for a firmer filling.
- In the meantime, make the coconut whipped cream. Scrape the coconut cream from the top of the can into a large mixing bowl. The cream should have separated from the coconut juice after being refrigerated.
- Whip the coconut cream with a hand mixer until fluffy, about 5-10 minutes. Place in fridge until ready to use. (Note: it will not be as stiff as dairy whipped cream.)
- When ready to serve, add a dollop of coconut whipped cream to each pumpkin pie tart. Enjoy!