Nicole Porter Launches Wellness Advantage Programs
Porter aims to shift the way people and businesses define stress, and how it impacts wellness and productivity at work.
VANCOUVER: September 20, 2017 – Stressed out? Vancouver-based Stress Coach and Wellness Educator Nicole Porter has just launched a series of Wellness Advantage programs, targeted at businesses and busy professionals, with a mission to change everything Canadians think they know about stress and their health.
It’s not news that stress is a major health epidemic in North America. Thirty years ago, Stanford University released a study showing that 95% of illness and disease is related to stress. Fast forward to today, and self-reported stress levels have increased by almost 30% in three decades, according to 2017 research out of the Carnegie Mellon University.
“Without a doubt, stress is the number one underlying health issue I see as a Wellness Coach, but it’s not just the kind of emotional or mental stress you might think. In general, people are very misinformed about what stress actually is and how chronic stress, in particular, impacts their bodies,” explains Wellness Educator and Registered Holistic Nutritionist, Nicole Porter.
“Stress is not just finances, conflicts, worry and deadlines. Poor nutrition is a major form of stress, as are things like dehydration, lack of sleep, restrictive diets, and too much screen time. Even excessive exercise can be a stress on the body. My goal is to help busy professionals and businesses recognize, understand and manage the impacts of the various stressors in their lives, and then build customized programs that address nutrition, physical fitness, and other lifestyle factors that are keeping them from optimal health and productivity,” continues Porter.
It’s not only individuals who suffer from the impacts of stress. According to this Sun Life report, Canadian businesses lose $16.6 billion annually due to workplace sickness and absenteeism. A Center for Disease Control study estimates 450 million workdays are lost each year in North America due to chronic health issues. And while 85% of Canadians feel their employers should help them learn to manage stress, a 2017 study revealed that 59% of employees would be more loyal if health and wellness benefits were offered by their employer.
Nicole Porter’s Wellness Advantage Programs are available in person and online, and include the following offerings for individuals and businesses:
- The 8 Weeks to Awesome Wellness Challenge: The 8 Weeks to Awesome Wellness Challenge is an empowering and mind-shifting program designed to help you conquer the Top 10 hidden habits that could be stressing out your body and keeping you from reaching your wellness goals.
- Workplace and Employee Wellness Seminars: Available in a single session or series, seminars can be customized to an organization’s health goals or tailored to specific disciplines or management teams. Speaker series may include additional healthcare professionals such as Naturopathic Doctors, Exercise Physiologists, Psychologists, Acupuncturists, Osteopaths, or other.
- The Wellness Advantage Workshops: Workshops have been created to provide affordable access to an expert who will simplify complicated health information, helping participants understand which common daily stressors are likely keeping them from reaching optimal health.
- The Wellness Advantage Challenge:The Wellness Advantage Challenge™ is an informative, realistic, and challenging yet motivating 8-week (9-session) program that provides an affordable and effective way for groups of any size (friends or colleagues) to get healthy, earn rewards, and make wellness a means of getting ahead of the competition and staying more productive – at home and at work.
- 12-Week Vitality Program: This results-oriented, transformative 12-week Signature Wellness Challenge is a fully tailored program designed to successfully integrate healthy diet, fitness, stress management, and other lifestyle habits into the life of the busiest professional. The program includes weekly coaching sessions and ongoing email support from start to finish.
- The 4-Week Kickstarter and 8-Week Signature Wellness Challenge: The 4 and 8-week programs are shorter versions of the 12-Week Signature Wellness Challenge. Also include weekly coaching sessions and ongoing email support from start to finish.
- Intro Session: A 60 minute one-on-one session to discuss concerns and challenges, set realistic goals, review medical history, and discuss a likely course of action based on lifestyle, schedule, and budget.
Online + Social Media